What you can do with TextAloud:
• Sit back and relax while your PC reads to you
• Save text to MP3 for portable audio players
• Proofread your own writing
• Listen to that report while you're on the treadmill
• Find help for someone with a reading disability
• Create messages for your answering machine
• Reduce eye strain from too much reading
• Listen to information while you work on something else
• Take some reading along for your daily walk or run
• Turn your iPod into a tax write-off
• Listen to an eBook during your commute
• Study English as a Second Language
• Help a senior citizen or someone with low vision
• Add some spice to your PowerPoint presentations
• Find a great new tool to study for exams
• Listen to text read in other languages
• Amuse your kids by letting your PC read stories to them
• Create audio files for computer games
• Prepare for a big speech by hearing your words read aloud
Features at a glance:
• Single-Article and Multi-Article Mode for listening to articles one at a time, or building a playlist to listen to later.
• Load articles using the Clipboard, Document Import, Hot Keys and Drag and Drop.
• Support for Word, PDF and HTML documents.
• Support for multiple Text-To-Speech engines, including international voices.
• Support for WAV, MP3 and WMA audio files.
• Proofread tool for listening to documents as you proofread.
• Plugin toolbar for Internet Explorer to listen to web pages.