Scanning is possible in four modes: quick, complete, critical point (memory, registry, system files), or custom. There is another mode available, "Rescue Scan", which should be assigned to highly infected systems.
When it comes to scanner options, you can ask the program to ignore files larger than 4MB, non-executable files, and system restore/volume information (on Windows ME or XP), to verify only known files types (e.g. EXE, COM, DLL), clear browsers before scanning, look for tracking cookies, resolve links/shortcuts, terminate memory threats before quarantining items, check alternate data streams, as well as to use Kernet Direct File Access, Kernel Direct Registry Access, and Direct Disk Access.
Instead of removing items, it is possible to send them to a quarantine. Furthermore, you may create exclusion lists and manage them later, schedule scan jobs, disable real-time notification alerts or enable sounds on detection, allow Task Manager to terminate the anti-spyware program, as well as activate "First Change Prevention" to make the app scan the system at startup and shutdown (including or excluding system services).
Another module of SUPERAntiSpyware Professional is capable of preventing your homepage, search page and other web-related items from being hijacked. The program may be integrated into the Explorer context menu for scanning custom locations, as well as enabled to automatically run at system startup.
SUPERAntiSpyware Professional offers multilingual support and has a good reaction speed. However, it may take a long time to complete a scan job. We have not come across any issues in our tests, and the tool did not cause Windows to slow down, hang, crash or display error messages.
Pairing the tool with its own updater gets you the latest virus definitions for maximized protection. While the free edition does not have limitations, it does not feature "First Chance Prevention", real-time blocking tools, scan scheduler, registry protection module, and other important options.
• Quick, Complete and Custom Scanning of HDD, Registry, Memory and more
• Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers and many other threats
• Repair broken Internet Connections, Desktops, Registry Editing, Task Manager and more
• Real-Time Blocking of threats
• Schedule either Quick, Complete or Custom Scans Daily or Weekly
• Quarantine items detected and removed for complete protection
• Detailed scan logs with complete information about detected and removed threats and their locations
OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10